Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pumpkin Patches and Baby Showers

We took Ian to the pumpkin patch today. I am sad to admit that in Florida, a pumpkin patch is a place where they've brought in a bunch of pumpkins and laid them out for you to pick from. Nothing against Florida, but I miss real pumpkin patches, where you put on your jeans and a sweater (because it's starting to get cold outside) and walk through rows and rows of pumpkins that are actually attached to the vine from which they grew. Where they have other games and fall activities for the kids. Oh well.....we had fun at the pumpkin patch, even though it was a little too hot for my taste. I'm just grateful it wasn't in the 90's today. Ian had a blast running through the pumpkins, but was a bit moody today, and as always, when asked to smile for the camera, he grimaces and says "cheese!" I also threw in a picture of the family at the baby shower that our friends and family so kindly threw for us! Only a week and a half until our new little boy joins us!

Ian being moody and refusing to smile

Showing me the pumpkins
I think he looks like he's deeply contemplating the meaning of life...but he was probably daydreaming about Toy Story.
The closest I got to a smile. This is actually when I asked him to say "To infinity and beyond" instead of cheese.

Looking like I'm trying to smuggle a pumpkin under my shirt...

At the baby shower, there was a train theme!

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Too cute! I wish I could have been there to celebrate your new little one coming! I'm sending XXX and OOO! I hope you can feel them!