Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Anderson Family Reunion

We were blessed to have been able to spend the past week with my family. My father's extended family have a yearly reunion, and so since my immediate family is now spread across the country, we use that opportunity to get together. The reunion is only two days, but we usually spent the whole week before the reunion together. We had a great time! We spent a few days in Nashville, going to the zoo and the Hermitage (the home of Andrew Jackson), and then spent the rest of the week in Harriman and Kingston, Tennessee. We stayed in a beautiful cabin. Ian had so much fun playing with his cousins, aunts, uncle and grandparents. And Oliver adored all the attention! I miss my family so much already, even though we just came home on Sunday. I wish we all lived on the same street. I know some people wouldn't want to be that close to their family...but I would love every second of it and never get tired of them. I love my home, and all our friends and family here, but I wish I lived closer to my family. Okay, I'm going to stop before I get too sappy and start crying. I posted way too many pictures with this, but I hope you enjoy them.

The Hermitage

Ian just couldn't stay awake on the way to the Hermitage, so he fell asleep on aunt Heather
Grandpa, Delia, and Ian
Me and my grandma
Ian's first experience roasting marshmallows
It was love at first bite with the smores!
Ian and Delia in the gardens at the Hermitage
Oliver was pooped after all that swimming!

Ollie, waving hello, his favorite thing to do.
At the Nashville zoo
My sister in law Gina, and adorable nephew, Andrew
Ian, the conductor
Ian, in his "Pirate Ship". He was shouting, "Yo Ho!"
The WHOLE family! Well, minus a couple of brother in laws...
All the girls
On the train at the zoo. He was saying, "Choo, choo!"

My mom and dad
Grandma with all her great grandbabies
The beautiful cabin we stayed at in Tennessee
My brother, Christian, his wife, Gina, and their kids, Delia and Andrew
Ian on the dock at my great aunt Carolyn's house in Kingston
Playing aunt Carolyn's piano
Ollie, saying hello as always!
The whole Anderson clan at the official reunion
At Aunt Carolyn's house

2 comments:

Crafty Momma said...

You took some cool pictures!! I feel the same way too, I wish my family lived on the same street too...or at least within reasonable drving distance! ;)

Kevin and Allison said...

How fun!! It makes me miss all of you guys! Your boys are just adorable!