Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Conference and family fun!

I love conference weekend! I love that Ian is getting old enough that he understands what's going on. I love that he kept telling me he wanted to listen to the "follow the prophet" talk about Jesus. I kept trying to explain that he's not called "Follow the prophet" and that he's just "the prophet", but I don't think he believed me. He was listening closer than I could have imagined sometimes and even told me about some of the talks. It fills my heart with such joy. Maybe it's just where I am in my life right now, but I was really touched by how much the conference talks seemed to touch on the importance of the family and teaching and raising our children in a Christ centered home. Not that I wasn't trying to do these things before...but I feel a renewed commitment to be better, so that my sons can be strong forces in bringing the gospel to the rest of the world.

I also love conference weekend because we get to be lazy and spend all day with family. Sean's parents came over to our house and we were lazy all day and cooked a great big meal in which we ate way too much food. It was fabulous. Ian insisted on playing baseball in the house between sessions (Which I was not crazy about) and grandma and Oliver cheered him on from the couch. It was adorable and I snapped a few pictures. And yes, my baby is wearing a camo hat....please don't remind me that I live in the south and my sons may grow up to be rednecks. ha-ha. A few of the pictures are from Thursday night when my boys were playing and laughing on the floor and were just too cute for words. Unfortunately Oliver refused to smile while I was taking pictures, but would bust out laughing as soon as I stopped. Oh well.





A rare moment when he was enjoying his Bumbo chair! He normally hates it! This child is a mover and he hates to sit. He wants to either be held while you are moving around, or be standing...which of course he can't do yet, so you have to hold him! I really need to invest in one of those jumper/entertainer things. It would make my life so much easier!


You can laugh all you want about the camo hat...I still think these pictures are one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

1 comments:

Crafty Momma said...

it is cute!! these pictures are killing me!! You have beautiful babies and I can't hold them! :( 6 more weeks!! almost there! that is so great about Ian...follow the prophet..lol I'll bet you die with cuteness when he says that. Delia had a hard time with conference, but I know she learns a lot at church. she absolutely loooooves her primary teacher(sis. Hough) who is also the dental office accounting sec. lol. Just today she saw pres. monson on the ensign and said "oh, that's the prophet" I said yes, that is Pres. monson. she said "yeah, pres. monson, I love him!" soooo cute. this last thanksgiving just before she started primary, my mom was putting her to bed in the other room and I was out talking to my dad and the subject of joseph smith came up. Well, she heard me say his name and my mom said she sat up with a soft gasp. my mom said "oh, did you learn about joseph smith" and Delia said, "yeah, he saw God!" makes me cry every time! she had some wonderful Nursery II teachers! I love those wonderful proud mommy moments..priceless!