Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Grandpa Misbach's funeral

I attended my Grandpa Misbach's funeral in Levan, Utah this past weekend. It was wonderful to see all my extended family and celebrate such an amazing man's life. I learned a lot of things about him that I didn't know, and find that I admire and look up to him more than ever. I know he's a busy and beloved man where he is now, as he was always such an awesome missionary! It made me really sad that I live so far away from everyone. I always love getting to see my Grandma, aunts, uncles and cousins, and hate that it always seems to be under such circumstances. I've attached some pictures. I took some goofy photos of my family, but I will post those another day. I'll also get around to eventually posting the pictures from the infamous monster jam....next time hopefully.

My dad, placing his flower as he was one of the pallbearers

My sister Heather and my Grandma Misbach.

Heather, frolicking in the snow outside Grandma's house. She was so excited! You couldn't pay me to play in the snow! It's wet and it's cold....why play in it?
My momma, grandma, and Aunt Laura, looking through old pictures and letters
Grandma and momma

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Amy, I am so sorry to hear about the lose of your grandfather! Our thoughts and prayers are with you now and always. We miss your family.

Crafty Momma said...

I wish we could have been there. It looks like it was a very nice funeral. I'm so glad you and heather were able to go! Seems like Ian and Delia are growing up..and fast! Hope they'll be buddies down in Destin..wish I could go! :( Delia has the same words for any excuse now and she thinks she is pretty sly at saying it too. If I ask her if she wants to play with her toys down stairs..she'll say...'Ummm..toys go na-night." Funny..okay I'll buy that, but because I had been accepting it as a good excuse she is now saying it with everything. "Do you want a turkey sandwich..."Ummm...turkey sandwich go na-night!" Whaaaaat?! So ya..she is shuch a stink and thinks she can get away with lame excuses like that..but she thinks she is pretty smart. but I can't help smile when I try to reprimand her! Oh the joy!