Saturday, August 23, 2008

Of small accomplishments, hot afternoons, and domestic violence

It's been an interesting week. First, to explain the small accomplishment! As you'll see in this picture.........Ian has learned to drink from a cup! Well, a straw anyways! It makes him look like such a big boy!

Secondly, our Air Conditioning went out this week, which is Florida, is a HUGE deal! Thankfully it was a cool day, and was only in the upper 80's, but it's extremely humid and within an hour everything in your house feels wet and majorly gross! And on top of it all, Ian has the most sensitive skin on the face of the earth, so when he gets too hot, he'll start breaking out in a rash. So when I picked up Ian and came home, I started running every fan in the house, which Ian turned out to be afraid of the box fan, so then he wouldn't let me put him down! So I had to hold him all night, and with how hot it was, he eventually fell asleep in my arms. It was too cute for words, so we had to take a picture.



Lastly, I, who have a sever phobia of the dentist, had a major procedure done this week. I had to have a tooth extracted and it did not want to come out! So in the aftermath of this procedure, my face is swollen on one side and it bruised pretty bad. So all week all my friends have been joking that my husband is beating me. Then yesterday, at a work event, we decided that it was actually my good friend Katie who is abusing me, and we caught it on film! Hope you enjoy the pics. Katie was pretty proud of her work, as you can see her basking in her glory and showing her massive muscles! (Please no comments on the awesome red tie-dye shirts......it was a morale boosting activity and they made us wear the shirts!)



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i only hit you because i love you...and it hurt me a lot more than it hurt you! i think i am going to try to do a blog too!

of Shaun and Bridget said...

hahahhahahhaha, i love the domestic violence! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
Ken and I are looking forward to seeing you at Heather's wedding... hope you can make it out. Glad to see you have a blog too... it's so nice to keep tabs on how everyone is doing. And that's how we found out Heather was engaged, thru Chris and Gina's blog. I wish we all had them - the Gunn clan is too big and spread so far out.
Hopefully we'll see ya in a few weeks. Nancy (Uncle Ken's wifey)

Crafty Momma said...

He is the cutest little boy in the world! I miss him so much. I look forward to holding a sweet little baby instead of a Diva!! ;) Has he lost weight or maybe just evened out? He looks less "chunky" in that picture. How I wish Delia had a little more meat on her, especially around the middle! I put a pair of her 12 mos. jeans on today and they are ajustable...but I have each side on the 5th hole and they still fall off her! She's tall and skinny kind of like me when I was a kid, oh to be a child again!! ;) I can't imagine living in heat plus humidity! I think I would cry ;) I am such a baby, esoecially when it comes to heat. Hopefully I'll get used to it! It's just so much more intense at a high altitude. The bruise looks no fun! I hope you're feeling better. this is so exciting that you have a blog, now we just need to convert Heather now that she's going to be a married woman!

Kevin and Allison said...

I think a little violence is healhty in a relationship.... I enjoy slapping Kev around every now and then. ;)

Crafty Momma said...

Oh, BTW: I tagged you on my blog!!

Latisha said...

Great pictures Amy!! So glad to find your blog. Facebook status updates are a great way to get the word out! Nice to see you are all doing well.